The Cabo/KCBS CaboRita is a new and exciting program; any style Margarita using the Cabo Wabo Blanco tequila. This series will award extra prize money to contestants having the best Margarita
1st place - $125
2nd place - $75
3rd place - $50
Teams participating in this will receive one (1) bottle of Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila to use for their turn-in. There is a $35 entry fee for the Cabo Wabo Blanco Tequila to be used for this Cabo competition
Head Cook of each registered team must be a minimum for 21 years of age. The recipes used in the competition must be submitted.
At the end of the event, KCBS officials will determine the overall winner through standard KCBS judging Protocol. Overall scores will be tracked by KCBS
Teams must pay a $35 entry fee for both categories.
The Turkey Smoke/KCBS series is a new and exciting program to help bring Turkey and is versatility to the forefront. This series will award extra prize money to contestants in an additional category. Teams participating in this will receive one 3 - 5 pound boneless fresh Turkey breast to use for their turn-in. At the end of the event, KCBS officials will determine the overall winner through standard KCBS judging Protocol.
• Standard KCBS turn in window of 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after. Event organizer will determine official turn in time, and it is the head pit master’s responsibility to make sure they abide by that time. Late turns are disqualified.
• Turkey Smoke turn in will be in a standard 9” x 9” clamshell
• Garnish is optional
• Turkey breast must be the “star” of the dish, it can be stuffed but must maintain the identity of the cut of the breast muscle, we want the judges to know by appearance that this is turkey breast. (Do no grind the breast meat to use as the main ingredient)
• Turkey must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees minimum per USDA guidelines for safe serving.
• Do not use any turkey breast other than those provided to you by the event. • Have fun and enjoy.
Turkey Smoke prize money with trophy (presented at awards ceremony) will be:
1st place - $250
2nd place - $150
3rd place - $100
Overall scores will be tracked by KCBS. Teams pay NO entry fee to be part of this.
Teams are encouraged to be creative; however it is requested that no other meat products be added to your turkey turn-in.